Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sisters target all-Williams final




Venus and Serena Williams go into Thursday's Wimbledon semi-finals as red-hot favourites to progress to a Centre Court final on Saturday.

Five-time champion Venus is yet to drop a set in this year's tournament, and has now won 32 sets in a row.

"Being in the semi-finals again is where I want to be," she said. "I would love it to be an all-Williams final."

Despite looking unbeatable on their way through the draw, Venus insisted that she and her sister did not see it that way.

“This is definitely Venus's best surface - she loves playing here, but I have nothing to lose," said the Russian."I want to go and play the way I can play.

"I know her weapons. I have my weapons too. I cannot have a slow start with her because here it's so fast. So I have to really go on court pumped from the first point."

I feel that Serena and I work real hard," she said. "That's the first point. And, second, if it was so easy, we'd win everything. But it's not that easy.

"We still, I think, are definitely the front-runners in tennis as far as being some of the best players out there. But if there were just two players, it would just be a final.

No comments:

Post a Comment